Friday, January 17, 2014

My Trail Camera has Gone Missing

With a break in the weather I hiked up into the woods to check the trail camera, change the batteries, and change out the image Card.  With the deep snow, ice, and deer hunters, December 18th was the last time I could safely hike into that area of the woods.  January 12th brought rain and a thaw.  The deep snow had melted, and I was anticipating a nice set of wildlife images. Was Coyote still tracking the deer?  Had Fishercat harried the squirrels?
When I arrived at The Grove

The  Camera was GONE!!!!

All of us had gotten used to seeing the  little black Bushnell camera attached trustingly to the tree in the south-west corner of the Grove.
The bears, the foxes, the coyotes..and the larger coyWolf..the deer…the fawns, does and the five bucks…all had become accustomed to the camera, where it has hung for the past 2 years.

Now it's gone.

When I return from vacation I shall order a new Bushnell camera, along with a strong locking cable.



Yes, as the days go by, I still feel a bit sad. Having the camera in the woods always gave this "Grandmother" the motivation to get up off the couch and hike in the woods.