July: The sun is starting it's relentless path back to autumn; thunderclouds form to the north and to the south. I spotted a wash tub size Snapping Turtle in the water just off shore, and a 3 foot long water snake; both keep the Duck population well under control here on the lake, I'm afraid.
What goes on, Outside, Over There, in the woods and lake, just beyond the edge of the garden.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Wildlife Activity
My trail camera is working again, however, the wildlife is somewhat illusive; most of the images are in the darkest hours, and while I know what I'm seeing, nothing is clear enough to bother uploading.
Sorry about that!
On July 6th the Fawn was captured by the camera for the first time since it's birth a month ago; it is seen dashing past in a blur. He let's us see about 3 seconds. On July 7th a fat raccoon jiggled the camera on the tree while either a wary doe or a hungry coyote...I'm not certain which it was..watched from a distance; we've had a lot of rain, and most of the story of woodland life is told in the wet areas and sandy places, by the tracks...doe, fawn, yearling deer, and a very large "coy wolf", whose track at run measured 3 1/2 inches wide by 4 1/2 long...I'm guessing it is the "coy wolf" I spotted only once, three years ago; a canine much larger than the coyote we've seen on camera this entire spring and early summer.
July: The sun is starting it's relentless path back to autumn; thunderclouds form to the north and to the south. I spotted a wash tub size Snapping Turtle in the water just off shore, and a 3 foot long water snake; both keep the Duck population well under control here on the lake, I'm afraid.
July: The sun is starting it's relentless path back to autumn; thunderclouds form to the north and to the south. I spotted a wash tub size Snapping Turtle in the water just off shore, and a 3 foot long water snake; both keep the Duck population well under control here on the lake, I'm afraid.
